(ABN 56 103 618 499) and Southgate Fleet Management Pty Ltd (ABN 86 090 470 661). These entities are collectively referred to as “Southgate” in this policy.
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Hold?
Southgate will generally collect your personal information directly from you, where it is reasonable and practical to do so. In some cases, it may be necessary for Southgate to collect personal information from third party sources, such as your employer, financial adviser/accountant, public resources, credit reporting agencies and other relevant parties.
The personal information collected by Southgate comprises of but is not limited to:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Your employer’s name, address and contact details
- Employment-related information
- Information pertaining to the financial situation of either you or your organisation
- Information required to assess your eligibility for certain products or services, such as insurance policies
- Records of any products or services that we are providing/have provided to you
- Records of interactions between you and Southgate, including via phone, fax, post, email or online facilities.
We may also monitor and/or record incoming or outgoing telephone conversations for training,
compliance or quality assurance purposes.
Southgate generally does not collect sensitive information about you unless we are required to do so under applicable laws and rules. Sensitive information may include:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions or membership of a political association
- Religious beliefs or affiliations
- Philosophical beliefs
- Membership of a professional or trade association
- Membership of a trade union
- Sexual preferences or practices
- Criminal records
Why We Hold Your Personal Information
Your personal information is obtained and held by Southgate to enable us to perform our core business functions, namely the provision of financial products and services, and to comply with relevant laws and rules.
The personal information collected and held by Southgate may be required for the purposes of:
- Providing you with products and services
- Meeting our legal obligations in relation to applicable laws and rules (including compliance with Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing legislation).
How Your Personal Information May Be Used
We only use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or disclosed to us, or for related purposes that we would reasonably be expected to use or disclose the information without your permission.
We do not sell your personal information to other organisations.
We may need to disclose your personal information to a third party in order to provide our products and services to you. The information given is strictly limited to that necessary to perform the function, product or service provided. We may disclose personal information to:
- Our related companies
- Our external service providers
- Government agencies, law enforcement and regulatory bodies as required (including in relation to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing legislation)
- Credit reporting and debt collecting agencies
- Financial institutions
- Insurers and reinsurers
- Superannuation funds
- Legal or financial advisers, or other agents acting on your behalf
- Your guardian, attorney, executor, administrator or trustee
- Other organisations providing goods or services to you in association with Southgate.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We are required to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. If any aspect of your personal information changes, or if you feel that the personal information we hold is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us so that we can make the necessary amendments. For legal or administrative reasons we may decline your request for a correction to your personal information, in which instance we will provide you with a reason for our decision and you may ask us to retain a record of your correction request.
Security of Your Personal Information
All personal information we hold is maintained in secure databases and we use a combination of security procedures and technology to protect it from misuse, unauthorised access and loss.
Where your personal information collected and held by us is no longer required, we delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
If you have a registered online account with Southgate, your account information is password protected and we recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
Obtaining a Copy of Your Personal Information
You are entitled to obtain a copy of your personal information we hold. Should you require a copy please send us your request in writing to the contact details listed below.
A service fee may be charged to cover our administration costs of retrieving your personal information. If a fee is to be charged we will provide you with an estimate of the costs so that you can decide whether or not to proceed with your request.
If we decline your request to provide access to your personal information we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
How to Contact Southgate
For all matters relating to your personal information you can contact Southgate at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Southgate Financial Services
PO Box 406
1300 132 700